The cutest, sweetest, smartest baby
is delivered here
45,000 babies delivered and counting.
The Women's Center at Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System provides comprehensive, family-centered care with LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) suites. The experienced staff is trained to care for a wide variety of patients ranging from normal labor to high-risk mothers. Pediatricians, Anesthesiologists, Nurse Anesthetists, and Ultrasonographers are on call 24 hours a day for patient's healthcare needs.
Expectant parents, children and other family members are welcome to learn more about our hospital and staff with guided tours.
Childbirth Class Series
Childbirth Classes are FREE!
- Early Pregnancy Class - This class addresses prenatal care, diet and exercise, anger signs, changes to expect and much more for expectant parents.
- Breastfeeding Class - A Lactation Specialist who prepares you for the joys of breastfeeding teaches this class. She also will help you decide if breastfeeding is a good choice for you and your family.
MHHS offers a sequence of four classes that begin at 7:00 p.m. the second Monday of every other month.The first three classes introduce Mom and her partner to the changes during pregnancy, stages of labor and delivery, pain management, epidurals, breathing and relaxation techniques, and Ceasarean sections. The fourth class is infant care.
- The Infant Care Class- Includes information pertaining to baby care: diapering, bathing, cord care, common conditions, feeding, etc. The nurses share knowledge and expertise that allow the mother-to-be and her partner to practice baby care skills.
An alternative one-day class meets from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of every other month. This class includes the same topics covered in the evening classes, except Breastfeeding. The evening Breastfeeding class would be an option for those interested.
- Newborn Care Sibling Class- The one-on-one class features fun and interactive activities that will prepare children for the arrival of a new baby.
Call (423) 492-5900 for more information about classes or to schedule a tour.
The Newborn Nursery provides flexibility for new mothers. You may room in at all times, bring the baby to the nursery for breaks or allow our experienced nursery staff to care for your baby while you sleep. Our nursery staff and Certified Childbirth Educators are eager to help new moms with the transition from hosptial nursery to home.
What Can The Women’s Center Deliver For Me And My Baby?
- The Women’s Center, a lock-down unit, includes a camera-monitored security entrance providing safety for you and your baby.
- Visitors are asked to remain in the waiting room during the admission process. We welcome your support person to share in the joy of your delivery. If you wish for other family or friends to attend your delivery, please discuss this with your nurse. During labor and delivery, visitors are limited to 4 at a time. This allows us to give you the care you need. However, we reserve the right to limit visitors if your condition changes.
- Only one support person is allowed in the operating room during Ceasarean sections.
- Ask your nurse about our policy on hand-held cameras/VCR movie cameras.
- FREE Childbirth Classes
- Diaper bag
- Sibling classes to deal with the transition of a new baby
- Birth announcement and photo on the Hospital website (www.mhhs1.org)
- FREE Net Nursery Photography “Mini Photo-shoot”
- Scheduled in the hospital room, photographers capture baby’s first days using creative and unique poses. A photographer will work with you to incorporate your ideas and suggestions. Photos are posted to an online custom slide-show for viewing and sharing with family and friends. Online viewing and ordering is secure and password protected.
At your request, a photo of your baby can be taken and posted on the Net Nursery web site so you can show off your baby to relatives, co-workers, and friends anywhere in the world. We are working with Bella Baby photography, and the service is free and allows family and friends with Internet access to share the joy of your newborn. Due to patient privacy regulations, the baby's family must give a secure password to anyone who wants to view pictures of the baby on the Net Nursery web site.