Centers of Excellence Find a Physician
Online Services Manage your health

Get Adobe Flash player

A-A+ Home|Print|Email |Add This| Adjust text size

Medical Records


The Health Information Management Department is available to assist you for medical record requests, birth certificates, and any other questions regarding your medical records, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM. The following services are provided to you and your physician:

Release of medical information and medical records

All requests for copies of medical records must be received in writing. Requests via e-mail cannot be accepted. For a HIPAA compliant form to authorize release of medical information, please click here. For a Spanish version of the form, please click here.

If the patient is a minor (less than 18 years of age), a parent or legal guardian must sign. Questions regarding release of information, or the pre-printed form, may be directed to the Health Information Management Department, at 492-5700, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

A photo ID is required when picking-up copies of medical records.

Dictation and Transcription of medical reports

All medical reports dictated by the physician are transcribed daily by our transcriptionists and faxed to the requested physicians and facilities.

Physicians can call Debbie Woodall, Supervisor of Medical Records at 492-5704 for any additional support.

Birth Certificates

Our Birth Certificate Coordinator is available Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and can be reached at (423) 492-5900.

The Birth Certificate Coordinator obtains information from the mother to complete the baby’s birth certificate. The mother receives a copy of the Mother’s birth certificate worksheet. After 90 days, the mother tears off the bottom portion of her copy and sends it to Nashville. The mailing address is:

Office of Vital Records
TN Department of Health
Central Services Building, 1st Floor
421 5th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37243-0450

Any changes to the birth certificate or to get a copy of the birth certificate can be handled by your local Health Department.

Establishing Paternity:

If the mother is not married and she wants the father’s name on the birth certificate, he must show two proofs of identification: A picture I.D. such as a driver’s license and a social security card. A legal form called the Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity (VAoP) is completed and signed by both mother and father in front of a notary public.

If the new parent is a minor (under the age of 18), his or her parent or legal guardian must give consent to the completion of the paternity form except if minor has court papers declaring freedom from his or her parent(s).